HILLVIEW'S CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING CLUB
The Hillview running club exists to allow Hillview Cross Country athletes and any other interested district students (6th - 8th grade) the opportunity to maintain and build endurance for long distance running as well as overall general fitness.
- Attendence at each practice is not mandatory. Rewards are given based on miles run.
- Mileage of each runners is tracked and certificates are given to those who have the most miles at the end of the school year. See links below for totals.
- CLICK HERE TO SEE THE TOTALS FOR THE CURRENT YEAR....
- CLICK HERE TO SEE THOSE WHO HAVE RUN 500 OR MORE CLUB MILES IN A SHCOOL YEAR...
- The students who participate are encouraged to participate at local 5K and 10K races along with the instructor. This is always done at the parent's expense, with parent transportation and parent supervision.
- Occasionally the students participate in destination runs as rewards for participation on a regular basis. These destination runs may include Jamba Juice, Cold Stone, McDonalds, etc. Once again these are done at parent expense.
- When School is in session and it is not Cross Country Season or Track Season - Practices are held each Wednesday through Friday from 2:00 - 3:15 after school. NEW RUNNERS MAY JOIN, BUT THEIR FIRST PRACTICE MUST BE ON A THURSDAY - this allows me to assess their capabilities of keeping up with the group. We often leave campus on Wednesday and Fridays.
Practices are sometimes also held during school intercessions and during summer break.
(click link above for current schedule)
MR. LISTER DIRECTS THREE RACES EACH YEAR TWO OF THESE RACES BENEFIT WAVE - THE WEST ANTELOPE VALLEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION. WAVE USES ITS FUNDS TO PROVIDE EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITES TO THE CHILDREN IN THE WESTSIDE SCHOOL DISTRICT (such as helping us get to Mt. SAC!)
THE OTHER BENEFITS A NUMBER OF ORGANIZATIONS...
Date tbd, 2020 - THE NUTTY RUNNERS 5K
Date tbd - THE WAVE RACE
JAMBA, JAMBA, JAMBA!!
THERE WILL BE NO PRACTICES AT MARIE KERR PARK THIS SUMMER. HOWEVER -
There is a Thursday night series of XC races held at Pelona Vista Park. From June 27th through August 8th. Plan on running at as many as you can.
CLUB MILEAGE TOTALS:
XC Running Club Miles 2018 - 2019 School Year
XC Running Club Miles 2017 - 2018 School Year
- XC Running Club Miles 2016 - 2017 School Year
- XC Running Club Miles 2015 - 2016 School Year
- XC Running Club Miles 2014 - 2015 School Year
- XC Running Club Mile 2013 - 2014 School Year
- XC Running Club Mile 2012 - 2013 School Year
- XC Running Club Mile 2011 - 2012 School Year
- XC Running Club Mile 2010 - 2011 School Year
- XC Running Club Miles May - June 2010
- XC Running Club Miles February 22 - April
- XC Running Club Miles January 2010 - February 19, 2010
- XC Running Club Miles December 2009
- XC Running Club Miles Oct ober 2009 - November 2009
- XC Running Club Miles July 16, 2009 - August 2009
- XC Running Club Miles June 2009 - July 15, 2009